Monday, January 24, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

It was 32 degrees this morning on my way to work. Not a big deal for most of you out there but here in Florida, it's a big deal! I've made tremendous progress on the burgundy shawl/scarf and I've decided to keep it. This way I can wear it and market myself too! Like the other one in my etsy, it's extra long with a wonderful free-style design. One of my students was telling me that it is Rodarte-like. To show off the design, I've draped it on my chair here at work.


I've also started the beginnings of a new quilt of which is pretty ambitious for me since I have never done "points" before.

After a whole day of wanting to just give up and throw it all away, this is what I ended up with at the end of the day.

I decided that I don't like it and will start another one again. I'm being pretty choosy with my work only because I want to try and submit the quilt for judging at the Tree City Quilt Show. It'll be my very first submission and as with most quilters, I'd like to place! ;oP

No comments:

Post a Comment