Monday, June 6, 2011

Scrap Collage Experiment

All my friends and family knows how I am about being "Green". I can't bear to waste any of the wonderful fabrics, threads, etc. that I accumulate from my quilts and other crafts. I upcycle and recycle alot and so for a while now I have been stumped at what to do with all the itsy bitsy fabric scraps and threads. (My cousin Lala would have told me a long time ago to chuck it in the garbage!) Yesterday, we experimented...
S2 and I started...


As usual, S2 gave up somewhere midway and his sister finished it up for him.

TADA! Here's what we came up with!


I thought that it was a pretty good experiment and although mine was quilted onto an upholstery fabric swatch to hang, I think that I will cut the kids masterpiece and quilt it to make a quilted pillow! Stay tuned for the finished product soon...
In the meanwhile, I've decided to give away the spring collage. Please post comments to enter and I will pick one winner! Good Luck!

1 comment:

  1. Your and your children's results are wonderful!

    Please don't count my comment in your drawing. I have more "ort" (British term for scraps) art than I know what to do with since that is my main medium. I call it "ortwork".

    ReplyDelete