Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What to do?

I wanted to do something to relax and finally decided on tackling some more of my fabric scraps! I really want to try and condense the gajillion bins and bags to just a couple.... yea right! So I pulled out one of them and also the small trash can that has the little tiny bits and pieces...



Here is the start of my "ortwork" according to Nellie Durand. You must see her remarkable masterpieces! One of the things that I especially like about her is her willingness to take time out to reply to an email and to motivate and encourage. It was great to be surprised with her email! =o)

So at this time, I really didn't know what I was going to make. Just kinda going with the pieces that were there and available. Then the browns really started to jump out at me and one of the upholstery fabrics screamed a tree. It really kinda looked like a tree bark... so... this is what it led to.

I ran out of the cremes and dark green but am too lazy to go to garage and get another bin. So this will have to do for tonite.

No comments:

Post a Comment