Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Maiasaura Peeblesorum Draconis

I'm sure you're asking... What the heck is this post about??! Well, T came home yesterday with ANOTHER creation.

This one is made out of clay and it was still delicately soft as it laid cradled on her palm. She said that another girl had hogged all the clay that was there and so she made something out of the little bit that was left.

This little guy is a hatchling. When I asked her what it was, she looked at me in disbelief and could not understand WHY I would now know what it was!

"It's a baby dragon, Mommy!" She said. I looked closer and then I saw ALL the details. Serves me right for not paying close attention.
Right before I started this post, I googled and sure enough, this is what I found. Duck-billed dinosaurs! =o) How wonderfully creative!
What do you paleontologists think? =o)

2 comments: