Monday, January 25, 2010

On a Sunday Afternoon

We went to Micanopy, Florida yesterday for Kim Taylor’s Bottleshop
Collage Workshop that was held in the Micanopy Branch Library.
http://sassycrafter.blogspot.com/2009/09/sing.html
I brought the kids with me and they had a great time searching through all the books and papers looking for that one special picture that they would like for a charm or magnet. We can’t wait to see how it turned out as we had to leave them there for the resin to dry. I will post them up as soon as we get them!

After the workshop we walked around the quaint little town and my best friend and I fell in love with this marvelous store called The Shop. This remarkable store is crammed full of wonderful treasures and a must see for inspiration!! As a doll artist, I loved Joe Spencer’s creations and am now motivated to get back into the world of art dolls.

I was so keen to get started working on something that I finished up a custom order for one of my felted cloaks last nite. Because I was in such an inspirational high, I decided to make my customer a felted flower brooch from the fleece scraps and throw it in as a freebie. I think she’ll love it, don’t you think?




By the way, a big thank you to my good friend Natalia for modeling my cloak. She only agreed to do so if I promised never to show her the picture! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment