Monday, February 20, 2012

Chamber Ensemble of the Shanghai Chinese Orchestra


One of the things that I really love about working in Student Affairs is the opportunity to meet people whom I would normally never get to meet and actually converse with them! Today I am excited to have heard and met some of the members of the Shanghai Chinese Orchestra along with their Director!

It was wonderful hearing how they all started with their instruments and some of their likes and dislikes apart from their music. I watched in awe as they produced the most beautiful of sounds in what looked to me to be archaic-like instruments compared to the modern ones that we are used to seeing and hearing.

If their concert is even half as good as their solo performances, then you should take every opportunity to go and see them! (For those of you that do not know me, I am the one to the very right)

No comments:

Post a Comment