Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rest in Peace, my friend...

Yesterday was the funeral for my friend, Alex Ainza. Alex left us at a very young age of 41. He was the first in my peer group to leave. We all met decades ago in college through the Filipino Student Association.

The current FSA did a wonderful tribute of him here.

This past week has been difficult. It has made me think of my mortality and my legacy... of what really matters...and most of all, what doesn't.

After yesterday, I thought that my crying would have stopped. But as I look outside at the pouring rain, it's as if the heavens are joining me in my cry... There is sooooooo much, and soooooo many...and such very little time for it all.

Live and love to the absolute fullest, for we never know when it is our turn....

No comments:

Post a Comment