Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sentimental Saturday


It's so funny that any little thing can automatically remind you of something. I was in the car driving on my regular Saturday morning jaunt when these little flowers caught my eye from off of a side street. At first I was going to just let it go but I turned around, took a right off the road and pulled up a driveway just to get this picture.

There were only a small handful of these lovely dandelions but automatically, it reminded me of my childhood and the shared yard between our house and the next door neighbors. It was at our first home in Canada. Notre Dame Street. Such wonderful memories. I have never seen dandelions as big and beautiful as those ones in that yard. It was a sea of yellow and no matter how many we picked, there were always many more. Come to think of it now, I guess our yard was not the healthiest of yards if it had all these weeds. But oh how I love dandelions! =o)

No comments:

Post a Comment