Monday, December 3, 2012

The Lorax

"I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees. 
I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues..."
Every year, it is tradition for us to go to a tree farm and pick out our live tree. 
When I say  "a live tree", I mean living, in a pot, growing. 
The K family have a hard time buying a tree that has been cut and for myself, it is hard for me to digest a cut tree dying slowly in my house.
 
There were two types of trees to choose from (not a whole lot of variety here in Florida).  One is a Carolina Blue Sapphire and the other is a Red Cedar.  I really wanted the Carolina Blue but the kids wanted a "real green tree".  ^_O
Can you guess which tree is ours?  The other one is Mom and Dad K's.
 
We got it home okay but got too busy decorating the other artificial trees in the house. 
(We usually put up 5 but only 4 made the cut this year). 
 However, my favorite tree outside was one that got decorated!  =o)
Too much to do in so little time...
So stay tuned for the next post as more of the weekend's decorating efforts come to life.  I hope that you too had a wonderful and productive weekend, spending time with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment