Sunday, April 29, 2012

Productive Weekend

I had a couple of rush stole orders for this weekend.  Although all of my stoles are made with love, I am especially proud of these two of whose owners are both my students.  Luis, in particular, (who owns the white one) is in Texas teaching for Teach for America.  I still cannot believe that he was able to get his masters degree while still on assignment for TFA.  He is doing an amazing job with his elementatry students and has decided that he wants to be a highschool principal  I think that he would be really great at this!!!



I have also FINALLY finished the Ti Amo (click here) quilt that started as the Ti Voglio Bene (click here) quilt. This quilt was a challenge for me as I wanted to keep it looking somewhat like stained glass but at the same time working with the main yellow fabric. After being 7 months late, I hope this surprise will be loved by its new owners! 
The backing is made out of fabric that has the  green ivy weaved with small red hearts.  The colors are in keeping with the green and red of the Italian flag.   This quilt is 68" x 78".



No comments:

Post a Comment