Thursday, March 7, 2013

Wood Excitement!

 
You see it?!?!  WOOD!!!! Marvelous, marvelous wood!  =o)
Got it all cut up and ready to go!
First of all, let me tell you that I LOVE Home Depot! 
At least the one over here close to my house.   Big Al from Lumber and Jim/James from Paint were awesome!...and even "guy whom I forgot to ask name" from ProService desk was EXTREMELY
helpful.  LOOOOVE that store and their great associates team.  (I was so pleased with their help this morning that I even filled out their online survey!)
Anyway, with alot of help from everyone (thanks Kristi from Addicted 2 Decorating for being so reliable with emailing back and answering my questions and Larry for the awesome how-to instructions) I decided on cabinet grade plywood.
Nice finish, sturdy and inexpensive. My 4x8 sheet of 23/32 cost me $33.97.
As you can see, I was able to get 4 cuts which would mean 4 shelves.
I am hoping that the long piece remnant will be wide enough to fit the very back wall.
..and yes, there's the compound miter saw!....and yes it is on top of an ice cooler.  Dad K, don't worry... it really is quite stable!  I promise!
Tonite I am going to play with stains and paints with the scraps!
Can't you hear the excitment in my voice?!!!  =o)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment