Wednesday, June 5, 2013

For Angela and Doug

It took me 8 months to do, but the Healing Quilt (here) is finally done!
If you have been following my blog for a while, then you know that this quilt was one of my Pinterest To-do's.  See post here.
Quilt size:  72" x 99.5"

I never did tell you why I named the quilt "Healing Quilt".
At first it was a project to keep me busy while I sat around to recuperate from my surgery.
But as the days turned into weeks and then into months, I went through a lot of ups and downs. 
Although all was interrelated with my surgery and health, I still was not in a happy place.
This quilt was my companion throughout all of that time. 
It gave me a sense of purpose and its colors made me happy.
One day, its soon to be owner and a good friend, paid me a visit.
...and the short visit brought me so much peace and a lot of smiles.
I was remembered and felt a sense of belonging.
She came with her positive outlook of life, her gentle spirit and love of all things.
I could not escape from her aura.
She did not know yet that I was making a quilt for her, for her soon to be wedding.
But after the visit, I was so happy to be making the quilt for her...for them.
She is such a beautiful person.
I felt like I knew him already even then because of the stories she shared with me...
And after meeting him and seeing how he really is with her and watching him look at her,
and conversations of a family, I knew that it was all genuine love.
The quilt, the purpose and its meaning to me,
the friendship and love surrounding it was perfect!
...a quilt made with friendship and love for an absolutely wonderful couple.
The quilting was long-armed throughout with hearts and the word love.
In between the love is also quilted Doug (heart) Angela and vice versa.
Here is the back showing the quilting.
I hope they like it... as much as I loved making it. 


2 comments:

  1. I love that you named the project. Do you do that for all your quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to although more often than not it's usually the name of the couple. =o)

    ReplyDelete