Thursday, January 1, 2015

Lemniscate, Infinity, Eternity

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Infinity is described here in wikipedia.

Here is a better explanation of the meaning of the symbol used in ancient times.

I thought that an infinity scarf was very apropos 
as my first project of the new year.

I came upon the idea by chance, actually 
as I sit by the fireside
wanting to do something
 but staying in my comfy chair by the warmth of the fire.

The skeins of yarn disappeared pretty fast
since the knitting was quick.

I was able to make 2 scarves.
(Lucky number for me)  :)


As you can see, T was not too thrilled to be interrupted from her gaming.
Just to model it for me...

But she finally acquiesced on the last scarf.  :)

This link although talking about necklaces, 
provides a concise description of the meaning of the design as an accessory 
and what it means when given as gift.

(N came over today and brought us a serious lunch spread!  YUM!)
Perfect New Year's gift for each of us!  :)

Happy 2015 to all of you.
May all the meanings of this symbol bring you
great health, bountiful happiness, and much love.


Please comment below as I love getting comments!
But I would love you even more if you become a follower!
Submit your email address at the top left of the blog page
and you will receive an email each time I have a new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment