Sunday, November 20, 2016

Adventure 10- Mindfulness

 My 10th adventure proposal came like this:
Dear Ellen, So here's my suggested adventure. When I read your request for adventures, I immediately envisioned a far away place or a secret destination. 
But the more I thought about it, the more I recognized that no matter where you go...there YOU are. 
It was something that a friend once shared with me. 
So when I reconsidered this request again, I went inward. 
 I suggest with each of your adventures, you immerse yourself introspectively. 
Find the meaning of life and peace through mindful activities. 
Mindfulness is a state of active, open attention on the present.
 When you are mindful, you observe your thoughts and feelings from a distance, without judging them good or bad. 
Instead of letting your life pass you by, mindfulness means living in the moment and awakening to experience. Steps toward mindfulness. Learn how to meditate; take yoga class; or elicit the knowledge of Thierry by convening a group of ladies (me included, of course) to host a Wellness weekend Retreat.. learn more about energy and meditation. Consider this as you begin of your 50th birthday celebration year. Thank you for considering my suggestion. Mindfully yours,C.
So last weekend during the strongest phasing of the super moon, 
I went to a yoga workshop led by a friend.
 
Everything about this workshop spoke of me...
The theme of Harvesting the Season...
the energies brought by all the watery planets' activities...
the moon's entrance into Taurus
bringing illumination and a calming effect,
and clarity and closure to questions.

But most importantly, bringing to me the importance of life...
Family and dear friends.
 Eerily all of these hit my being..
So strong that despite all the opposing powers,
I felt only serenity.
 
A deep calm that shows me the beauty
and endless abundance of my many blessings.

**
I thank you C, for this beautiful adventure proposal...
and am glad that I was able to share with you a small part of the weekend.

...and most of all to all my beautiful friends...
brothers and sisters of my universe
that made this adventure possible.

Thank you to Desilio and Szbadi yoga for the Harvest the Season retreat pictures.



***
***In case you missed it***
Click to read my adventures and story:
  Adventure 4  
Adventure 7- Celebrate the past, the present and the future.
ADVENTURE COMPLETED.
Adventure 8- Wine and Paint- ADVENTURE COMPLETED.
Adventure 9- Dance like No One is Watching- ADVENTURE COMPLETED
Adventure 10- Mindfulness- ADVENTURE COMPLETED
***
If you want to follow me on twitter, my handle is @ECKDesign2.


I am also on instagram at @eck_eck
or


LIKE my facebook page here.


 But I would love to hear from you by commenting below.
And would love you even more if you became a follower!
Submit your email address at the top left of my blog page
and you will receive an email each time  I have a new blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment